Yes, I have tickets to the ACC tournament for this evening. I am going to watch the Wolfpack play Miami. ACC basketball has always been big around here and the annual conference tournament has always been a highlight of the year, especially when only one team from the conference got to go to the NCAA tournament. Last year I went to the tournament for the first time. Expansion of the conference and online ticket sites have made it easier to get tickets for the first day. I am going to close by listing some of my favorite memories from the tournament. Have a great day and GO PACK!
1. 1974 Final – NCSU 103 Maryland 100 in overtime – Considered by most the greatest game in the history of the league!
2. 1983 Tournament – The cardiac Pack begins their miracle run to their second NCAA Championship! In honor of Coach V – Don’t ever give up
3. 1970 Final – NCSU 42 South Carolina 39 2OT – The first tournament I really remember. South Carolina was a big favorite going into the game.
4. 1997 Quarterfinals NCSU 66 Duke 60 Duke was the #1 seed that year.
5. 1987 Final NCSU 68 UNC 67 – The last time my beloved Pack won the tournament. Vinny Del Negro was the MVP
6. 1995 – I will have to mention one memory that did not involve NCSU. Wake Forest won the tournament that year and Randolph Childress put on a show.